Sachar committee report 1978, Sachar committee pdf, Sachar committee gktoday, key recommendation of Sachar committee, Sachar committee UPSC
Before knowing about this report one should know about Article 355
Central Government Act
Article 355 in The Constitution Of India 1949
Duty of the Union to protect States against external aggression and internal disturbance It shall be the duty of the Union to protect every State against external aggression and internal disturbance and to ensure that the government of every State is carried on in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution
Rajinder Sachar Committee
The Rajinder Sachar Committee was commissioned in 2005 by former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to prepare a report on the latest social, economic, and educational conditions of the Muslim community of India. The committee was headed by former Chief Justice of the Delhi High CourtRajinder Sachar, as well as six other members.The committee prepared a 403 page report and presented it to the Lok Sabha on 30 November 2006.
Summary of the report:-
- A data bank should be formed for socially and religiously backwards specially for Muslims to store their social, economic and educational status related data.
- One autonomous authority should be formed to probe status of religious minorities specially for muslims and to rate related schemes run by government.
- Negligence and partiality should be prevented (In all schemes related to minorities) by creating some strict laws.
- Equal Opportunity Commission : EOC should be formed for quick response if any complaint arise.
- State legislature should create some laws to increase their participation in local bodies.
- Diversity Index should be introduced.
- There should be a measure for various communities to check their social, economic and educational status and some specific schemes should be enforced for weaker.
- High Schools should be opened in Muslim-dominated areas