Swadesh darshan scheme Wikipedia, Swadesh darshan scheme in Hindi, Swadesh darshan scheme circuits, Swadesh darshan scheme pdf, Swadesh darshan scheme pib, Swadesh darshan scheme tourist circuit, Swadesh darshan scheme states
Note: Swadesh Darshan Scheme was specially mentioned in Kurukshetra Magazine December 2017
Objective of Swadesh Darshan Scheme:
Identify and develop theme-based tourist circuits based on interest, sustainability and competitiveness, by integrating resources and local participation of state and local communities.
Theme-based high-interest tourist circuits to include
Pilgrimage and Spirituality – India has a long history of opening itself to all religions and today, each has a vast following in India and overseas. Pilgrimage sites for Hindus, Sufis, Buddhists, Sikhs, Christians, etc., all offer tremendous potential for development.
Heritage– Historical places beginning with the Taj Mahal, Red Fort (Delhi), Ajanta Caves, the temples of South, etc., all have tremendous potential for further development.
Culture– Themes around festivals, fairs, cattle fairs, community fairs, all continue to attract large number of tourists each year.
Eco-tourism– Preserve and promote bio-diversity and ecological conservation through responsible tourism.
Approach Swadesh Darshan Scheme:
- Create local awareness of the value of local history, heritage, culture, tradition and the importance of outsider interest to know these aspects.
- Involve local youth and communities to train them for direct and indirect employment opportunities in promoting tourism in their area.
- Invest in local infrastructure development to ensure an high-quality of comfort, convenience and access to all tourists.
- Promote local arts and crafts to add value to the tourist experience.
- Involve states to develop integrated strategies with support and guidance from the central government.
Benefit Swadesh Darshan Scheme:
- Increased local employment opportunities to generate more incomes and lead to an improved quality of life.
- Preservation of local culture, tradition and customs.
- Development of hotels, guest houses and home-stay opportunities.
- Development of tourism-related service support infrastructure like transport, catering, excursions and retail.