UPSC syllabus, IAS Syllabus, IAS syllabus 2018, UPSC syllabus 2018, UPSC Syllabus pdf, UPSC Prelims Syllabus, IAS Exam Syllabus, IAS exam pattern
There will be two papers in Prelims Exam–
|UPSC Prelims Exam Papers||Duration||Questions||Marks|
|Paper I – General Studies: It is qualifying paper to write the mains exam (Negative Marking 1/3 for each wrong answer)||2 Hours||100||200|
|Paper II – Aptitude: This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper and marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination. (Negative Marking 1/3 for each wrong answer)||2 Hours||80||200|
UPSC SYLLABUS 2018 FOR PRELIMS
There are 2 papers in Prelims exam – General Studies and Aptitude or CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). Download UPSC 2018 Syllabus. Here we are providing SAT Syllabus (Aptitude Test) for 2018 Prelims Exams. Check out for SAT Syllabus from below. Also download SAT Syllabus from the links that we have provided from this article.
The answer key for UPSC General Studies Paper has already been released. In this article, I’ll tell you, how can prepare for UPSC Prelims 2018 Paper.
General Studies Paper I Syllabus
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and Social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate change-that donot require subject specialization
- General science
Here you can get SAT Syllabus (Aptitude Test). Check out for UPSC SAT Syllabus. Also download SAT Syllabus from below.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation)
Points to be remember before appearing UPSC Prelims exam 2018:
- The questions in the UPSC Prelims exams are objective type also called as multiple choice questions.
- There is “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam. There is a penalty of 33% marks or 0.83 marks for every wrong answer. Though decision making and problem solving section doesn’t have negative marking.
- Since 2013, it’s for the first time the Indian Forest Service (IFS) aspirants are combined with the Civil Services candidates to take the Preliminary examination. The aspirants who may clear the Preliminary exam have to separately write the Mains exams for Indian Forest Service.
- Blind candidates are allowed extra time of 20 mins for each paper.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation.
The marks scored in the Prelims exam is not counted in the final tally of the Mains exam or the Interview. Many students appear multiple times to clear UPSC Prelims because limited numbers of candidates are chosen to write the mains exam. For its preparation qualities like a sharp memory and basic retention power and proper strategy is needed. Conceptual clarity on every topic of the syllabus is required so I hope this UPSC Prelims Syllabus & Structure 2018 article may helpful to you to know about the pattern and detailed syllabus of prelims