UPSC Syllabus for IAS Examination is the key document for every IAS exam’s aspirant. UPSC syllabus or IAS Exam Syllabus is provided each year by UPSC through Civil Services Exam Notification.
UPSC syllabus or IAS Exam Syllabus can be further divided into three major parts UPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus, UPSC Mains Exam Syllabus and UPSC Personality Test Syllabus. UPSC Syllabus is different for aspirants according to their optional subject.
According to UPSC Syllabus / IAS Exam Syllabus
- Preliminary Exam is an objective type exam. There will be two objective type papers for GS and CSAT(Math, Reasoning, Aptitude) of 200 marks each.
- Mains Exam is a subjective exam and there will be two papers for Language, one paper for essay, four papers for general studies and two papers for optional subject and aspirants have to write answers within word limit and limited space.
- Personality Test is a verbal exam where a panel of it’s members will ask you some questions or discuss or talk to you.
Paper wise List for UPSC Syllabus for IAS Prelims
UPSC Syllabus for Prelims Exam
- General Studies Paper-1 and CST Paper-2 Syllabus in English
- General Studies Paper-1 and CST Paper-2 Syllabus in Hindi
UPSC Syllabus for Mains Exam (English)
- Paper A- Any language included in 8th schedule of Indian Constitution (Qualifying Paper)
- Paper B- English (Qualifying Paper)
- Paper-1 – Essay
- Paper-2 -General Studies-1
- Paper-3 -General Studies-2
- Paper-4 -General Studies-3
- Paper-5 -General Studies-4
UPSC Syllabus for Optional Subjects in Mains Exam (English)
- Literature of any one Indian language Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, English.
- Agriculture Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Syllabus
- Anthropology Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Botany Syllabus
- Chemistry Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Civil Engineering Syllabus
- Commerce and Accountancy Syllabus
- Economics Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- Geography Optional Syllabus Paper-1, Paper-2
- Geology Syllabus
- History Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Law Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Management Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
- Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
- Medical Science Syllabus
- Philosophy Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Physics Syllabus
- Political Science and International Relations Syllabus
- Psychology Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Public Administration Optional Syllabus Paper-1, Paper-2
- Sociology Optional UPSC Syllabus
- Statistics Syllabus
- Zoology Syllabus