It has been a long time that Indian North-Eastern states are arguing for a separate time zone because in Arunachal Pradesh people lose approx two working hours naturally because of sunrise and sunset (one hour in morning + one hour in evening) and in Rajasthan people earn two more working hour naturally because of sunrise and sunset (one hour in morning + one hour in evening). It is a strong reason why North Eastern states of India are backward.
Before discussing the topic have a glimpse of ATLAS
You can see that A.P. and Rajasthan are on the same Latitude. Now see the Sunrise time Difference between the both.
Now we can have a proper discussion.
As you see in images that A.P. and Rajasthan are on the same Latitude but Sunrise time in A.P. is 05:08 AM and in Rajasthan, it is 06:20 AM hence A.P. lose some productive time.
Pros if government introduce two separate time zone-
- Usually, in India, we wake up at 06:00 am to 06:30 am and start our day and working but when people wake up in A.P. they already lose their 1 hour that means they are not with time.
- Sunrise directly affect sunset hence in A.P. people will have the sunset 1 hour earlier and that is the reason they do not have a healthy social life.
- Many researchers say that because of unhealthy social introduction people lose mental health.
- In our society and some government rule, we do not allow women to work at night and same happens in northeastern states, consequently, women productivity decreases.
- Northeastern states have less time to work hence they will manufacture fewer goods and services but demands are same as other states. Consequently, unbalanced demand-supply can be the cause of inflation.
Cons if government introduce two separate time zone
- Let suppose there are two separate time zone for northeastern states and western state, now at 04:30 pm Supreme Court of India needs to coordinate with High Court of Guwahati but HC of Guwahati is closed because it’s 05:30 pm there and same if SC of India needs to coordinate at 10:30 am but HC of Guwahati is closed. In this case, urgent litigation processes will get delay.
- It will also negatively affect the trade between NE states and rest of the country.
- It will also negatively affect Administration coordination
there will be also a lot of problems like at which time cricket match should start or a movie should release etc. Think other pros and cons yourself.